domenica 10 maggio 2015

Looking back

I know it's been a while, but I still catch myself thinking about you guys from time to time. One day it just struck me that we never really thanked you properly for the wonderful week we got to spend in La Spezia so here goes. Thank you. Our week in Italy honestly ranks up to the top ten of my entire life so far. It was such a privilege to get to eat, drink and breathe genuine Italian culture as a guest in your houses and as a part of your lives. You made us feel like home even so far apart from our safe, everyday ways, and I am grateful.



One of the reasons I like this picture I took during the week is the powerful symbolism behind the picked flower. As is the case with most things in life, the most beautiful things tend to last only for a brief, fleeting moment. However, just like the photo that reminds me of the flower, the memories we created during the week are everlasting. I'll probably always carry a bit of you all within me. I'll probably always remember our short time together.


With love from the land of a thousand lakes,
Ossi (by now I'm sure you can all tell which one)

P.S. I'm writing this while eating a huge bowl of pasta with homemade pesto. Gianmaria, please tell your mom that this is delicious.

P.P.S. Remember to thank your mother for the baby's gift, as well. Mom loved it.

1 commento:

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.